WORK IN PROGRESS
I have a new scrapbook room! I think I have come to the conclusion that I love organizing and re-doing/re-decorating just as much as I love scrapbooking. I have been having a ball moving rooms and re-organizing and re-labeling. I switched rooms with Landon and now I am back on the "public" side of the house- THE HUB. I am right off the kitchen and utility room. I can make all the noise I want (music-guitar-tv-hammering-dremel-etc...) and no one can tell me "sssshhhhhhh" :) I am not quite finished- still have to hang on wall, curtains and I really want a flat screen TV (hence WANT-don't need) Here's what I have done so far- thanks for looking.
metal shelving unit (Sam's)- holds my sewing and cricut stuff. All of these containers are labeled and they are filled with art stuff that it easily accessible for Braydon and his projects.
The closet was pretty big so me and my dad built shelves and a work shelf - all sized according to my storage bins, of course! All of my scrapbook products are in here. My work table is located just in front of the closet door (which I took off and will layer with fabric---later) My hopes are that the table stays clean ALWAYS!
This view is from the closet entry and to the right. I hung black pegboard for scrap products and hung metal bars and straight edges to create a wrapping station. Clear storage containers are labeled on the shelves and I also have a small shelf for a few baskets - the baskets are for my paints - grouped by color. I also strung across heavy duty wire using eye hooks to hang more products and forms/notes about upcoming events- I use clip it up clips that fit nicely on the wire. Oh and I nailed a flat metal ruler on the work station-just like the fabric stores....heehehehe.
And, finally, for now...here is a full view from the corner (the drum corner) towards the closet. I also hung a wipe board on the wall for brainstorming and Braydon. We use it to study music and school work. He like writing on it and cleaning it so here is where I call out Spelling words and where he works Math Problems. The board also comes in handy for me to write notes to the family (b/c answering machine is in this room) and while I am working and I have a thought or idea (imagine that....) I can just jot is down quickly and then later organize my thoughts and put it in its permanent place....iphone (which I LOVE, too, like organizing and scrapbooking)

No comments:
Post a Comment