Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanks for looking.....

Hello all and Happy Sunday to each of you. I hung out at Treasured Memories all weekend and all that is good for is OBSESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw so many l/o and visited with so many talented people that I almost went crazy for the few hours I WAS home. Here is what I did............
Teurlings vs. St. Martinville
Here I used the Oldie but Goldie red and blue polka dot....All pics are backed with white cardstock and I held true to my "trashy" style of stacking and layering stuff....like stickers, brads, bling, borders and very old epoxy stuff........
Teurlings vs. U-High
OK...I am tire of red white and blue!!! I decided to use the other team's colors. Black and gold. It was kinda fun. Braydon helped me tear and distress the paper and I found these [old as the hills] metal frames. And, again....stars...........stars ..............stars.............
Pep Rally
I did this one pager last night at Treasured Memories. The pics are HORRIBLE but I had to have them because LCW's coach ran up to their pile and jumped up to surf............so UNEXPECTED and [OUT OF HIS BOX]
Again.......layers and chuncks of stuff.............felt stars, Christmas brads, mix/matched letters inked black and then crystal lacquered....OH AND THIS PAGE HAS BLING!!!!!!!!!!
LCW and my Brother
ok.....landon has on (nothing other than) red/white and blue and Damian has on his fatigues............green, black.....red.....blue......a scrapbookers NIGHTMARE.....so I did this cool thing to the pic (Heather Bares sent me----ooohhhh a hybrid.....) so I could have something to work with..........and what did I work with? Well lets see 1) a paper bag 2) tim holtz inks & MASKS 3) sewing machine 4) transparencies 5) BLING 6) flowers 7) chipboard and last but not least.........my SHARPIE!


So there you have it............a weekend full of my FAVORITE PASS TIME. Now I am cooking, washing clothes, ironing and planning my menu/to do list for the week.
Ya'll take it easy- keep the peace and find something to LAUGH (I mean really bust out laughing) about every day!


4 comments:

Wendy said...

Okay, you sooooo crack me up! Only you can get away with using a freakin paper bag on your layout and it looks awesome! I will have to try this! The music selection is rather interesting today! You so keep me on my toes...and yes I am laughing really hard because you are just so way cool and always thinking outside the big ole box! Ummmm....get ready for me to scrap lift your ideas.

Anonymous said...

love the layouts Monica!!!

Anonymous said...

Great layouts! Love the last one with the paper bag! Have you been dumpster diving too? Oh, by the way, I sell those now. Glad to have you back!!!

Melissa Fournet said...

yeah, I agree with Wendy, who else could get away with using all of that stuff and still look fabulous!!
Those l/o's are really great --you are an inspiration!
see ya soon