Monday, October 4, 2010

[ANOTHER] look

I am fortunate to have a room all to myself to house my 111+ passions....heeeheeeee; that is anything to do with creating and tools!  I think I have mentioned this before but since I am showing my latest I'll mention it again.....I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE PROCESS OF ORGANIZING, DECORATING AND RE-PURPOSING!  So, when I see something I like (which is soooooooo many things; I love [pretties]) I kinda (understatement) change things up a bit to accommodate the NEW (or the old made new again)  Here is the latest look of STUDIO KIMODON2 

View into the room
(This is an old-very old desk that I lifted with scrap wood and added casters (which I LOVE-and have been adding to everything!)  This is convenient & practical.... I can work standing up- love to- and I can move it about the entire room for my CHANGING moods.


  
 I just love this old victorian chair.  It was a fun find from several years back.....I am thinking about RE-covering it (don't be shocked) to flow with the monochromatic (white hues) that I am in to right now.  I know the plastic stacks in the back DON'T belong but it'll have to do until I find the perfect OLD something-something I can put in it's place.......I see a "hunt" to Washington in my near future...like next weekend............



 And this.....this my viewer... is my FAV!  This is where I house most of my products.  I like (for today) the look of a studio with all kinds of fun stuff to spark my creative juices but for now I want the monochromatic look so this nook allows me to store & organize what I don't want to display in my decor.  Like I said, it was a closet that my dad & I added shelves to.  I knew what containers I had and purposed the shelves accordingly.  I also added pegboard and the ever so WONDERFUL wrapping station!  LOVE IT.  I got a Dremel, a sander and a Dewalt drill for Christmas in 2009 so I have been a warrior ever since.  What I enjoyed the most was removing the door and building up the notches where the hinges were........so cool...I felt like a sculptor!  So now when you look it, it simply looks like a  case opening........yeh me; handy dandy with wood filler and sander! Oh, and did you see the ornate metal corners I added?  cute huh?



 And my pretty shelf!  I thought about painting it to match the white hues....but I may change my mind again----sanding that would be a beeeooooottttch!  A little color is ok with me.



 The wrapping station...equipped with paper and cutter, ribbon (all sizes) and a drawer full of wrapping embellishments!  Did you know you can wrap a present with as much creativity as your scrapbook pages?  I love to do that......I have my hot glue gun handy, all kinds of cards and doo-dads and my BOWDABRA (both sizes) of course.  



 The inside...you can kind a see the floor.......I tiled it with left over granite pieces and ceramic tile  soooooo cool!  All bins & crates are labeled (what?  did you think I did not have a labeler?)




  A little added touch.  I purchased a metal yard stick and adhered it to the edge of my work surface.  This has come in handy for soooooooo many tasks.  The cutting mat is mobile.....I would LOVE for my entire workspace to be covered with a material like this!!!!!!!!!



This cabinet houses my 12 X 12 drawer binds which are labeled by COLOR.  I think I have come to the following conclusion [all ways of organizing work for me whether it is by color, by item, by manufacturer etc......When I have a vision...I simply ENJOY the "hunt" to find the perfect items to bring what is in my minds eyes to fruition]  I can adjust the shelves in case I change my mind about its purpose.  I am learning, wheels, adjustable shelves, plaster, putty and a patient husband is the key to my ever changing creative passions!

Well there you have it....don't blink,  it may change or should I say [check back] it may all be changed at your next visit --- heheehehheeeeheeeeheee.

And yes, I did do some scrap'n in them midst of all this.....I'll post a few of those later.


[peace be among us]

No comments: